Thursday, September 13, 2007

Please Remain Awesome

Tim and I went to see Cloud Cult at the Bowery Ballroom this past Saturday night.

They either remembered us from last time or just faked it really well...regardless, they greeted and spoke to us like friends, which was indescribably awesome. They sincerely have no idea that they're rock stars. When I showed Craig the tattoo, he went totally wide-eyed and said...and I quote..."Holy goodness!" He was quite enthralled, and we talked about that and other things for some time. They went on to play another fantastic show, of course. Craig's unique observations on the show and New York can be found here (scroll down to the 9/8 entry). Tim and I are in the picture, if you drink a six pack and squint.

This marked my first real effort at photographing a live show. Evidently it went pretty well, because I was approached today by a radio station in Seattle who wants to use some of my photos to promote and document Cloud Cult's tour. Sweet.

The live shots came out okay, but this one is my favorite by far:
How can you not love a band that A) makes brilliant music, B) is completely committed to environmental causes, and C) includes the cutest couple on the fucking planet? I defy you to try. It's unpossible.

Go see this band, people. You'll thank me later. (Not like that time I convinced you to shave "down there" using bubble bath instead of shave gel. Not at all like that. Wait, was that you? Uh...yeah, okay, nevermind. Just go see Cloud Cult! Shit!)

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That picture came out better than I even expected. You should definitely send it to them, that's a frameworthy new york photo. Or you can get all crazy stalker and frame it yourself and put it on your mantle!

9:01 AM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

I actually saw that photo on your flickr account the other day and almost commented. It seems corny, but it was like, just looking at them, I could tell they were really good people. They are practically glowing!

BTW, "Light at the End of the Tunnel" came up on my iPod shuffle the other day, and hearing it and thinking about their story, I nearly started bawling in the street. Damn you, Helen.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Da Nator said...

P.S.: Oh, and some awesome concert photos there, Missy My! Those are not easy to take.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Da Nator said...

PPS: OK, "info" was me. Clearly I am having trouble with having too many accounts while commenting. Sheesh.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Red Seven said...

Do let us know when they're coming to DC ...

11:10 AM  
Blogger rodger said...

I missed their last gig in Portland. Bummer. Fortunately they seem to like it here so I'm sure to see them again.

Nice photos...and yes, Scott wreaks talent. When we saw them in the spring my friends got caught in a heavy bidding war for his painting. Next time I plan to win!

6:26 PM  
Blogger BigAssBelle said...

we're on the nashville circuit here in the hinterlands. no one good ever comes to tulsa. i live vicariously through the new yorkers. lucky you. nice pix. good job.

10:33 PM  
Blogger BigAssBelle said...

oh, and please. like anyone could forget you?

10:33 PM  
Blogger GayProf said...

I wonder if they will come to Midwestern Funky Town... Or perhaps Decaying Midwestern Urban Center.

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jealous again. Missed them in Chicago but they are coming back around soon, and I will be in attendance. Love them. The songwriting is brilliant, connected,intelligent, and emotional. Connects with me on all levels.

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here