Sunday, August 26, 2007

Always something there to remind me

For the last year and a half, I'd been planning to get a tattoo on Thursday. Somehow, permanently embossing a reminder of Michael on my body seemed like the right thing to do, and that was the right day to do it.

I'd been uncertain of exactly what I wanted to get, or exactly where on my body to put it. Up to the last minute, I was torn between two ideas. I finally decided on a small, stylized version of the number 8, inspired by the autograph I received from Cloud Cult's Craig Minowa back in April. (I'm not a groupie, I swear. Not that much of a groupie, anyway. Wikipedia has a pretty good entry detailing the significance of the number 8. Read it. Learn yerself something.)



Special thanks to the lovely and talented (and married, bitches) Steven Huie of Brooklyn's legendary Flyrite Tattoo for doing such a girly little piece, and for letting me pick on him for an hour without crying. Good times.

My boss...on the conservative side, he is... is gonna shit when he sees it. (I'll post photos of that, too.)

Labels:

17 Comments:

Blogger GayProf said...

Nice -- I keep going back and forth on getting a tattoo. Did it hurt?

11:31 AM  
Blogger Helen the Felon said...

Yep. But thankfully, it took less than 10 minutes. The four-hour piece on my back, though...that was excruciating.

I vote yes on a GayProf tattoo. I'll come hold your hand if you want.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Big Dan said...

awesome.

11:54 AM  
Blogger P/O said...

that. is. awesome.

1:23 PM  
Blogger evilganome said...

Very nice, and this is coming from a girl who knows his ink ;) If that little tattoo will make your boss shit himself, I promise I'll visit your office in a wife beater. Is it possible for a human being to dissolve?

2:37 PM  
Blogger RG said...

If EvilG visits your office wearing a wife-beater showing his ink, I'll be right behind him wearing a tube-top and a pair of Daisy Dukes.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Helen the Felon said...

Yes please!
Just give me some advance notice, so I can bring my camera (and a portable defibrillator for the bossman.)

4:09 PM  
Blogger dpaste said...

That has to be one of the best first sentences I've ever read.

10:24 PM  
Blogger dmmgmfm said...

I'd get a tattoo, but then I couldn't give blood. I love it!

10:35 PM  
Blogger BigAssBelle said...

oh do post a photo of your boss shitting? that would be grand!!

what a nice way to remember. it looks good.

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very Nice! Now I want to see the one on your back. Eight is a very lucky number for me as well. Hope it serves you well, and please be considerate and bring some moist towelettes for your boss...

2:28 PM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

It also kind of reminds me of the symbol for 'infinity'.

Neato.

4:26 PM  
Blogger Red Seven said...

GAW-chuss!

And GayProf -- yes, of course they hurt -- but the pain goes away and then you have this tattoo that you just love to pieces. If you want it; you should do it.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Becky C. said...

I remain tatless--part of this is because of needles and they will no longer do you drunk.

The other is I have wondered how that cute little butterfly will look on my stretched out fat ass in say 10 years.

~Becky

6:34 AM  
Blogger more cowbell said...

Ooh nice. And if Evil-G and RG show up -- please please post the evidence of the boss's reaction. Who knows, maybe s/he'll swoon?

5:32 AM  
Blogger madhousesix said...

congrats - it's not girly at all - it's a pretty interesting piece of ink graphically speaking + it means something to you...

cheers.

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Helen,
I am coming to Boston for the meet up, and want to lobby you to get your butt up there too. It will be a very fun weekend, and I promise to hold your hair for you if it gets a little too "fun". What do ya say?

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here