Monday, March 12, 2007

Helen's friends = cooler than yours


I'm more excited about this year's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony than ever before, despite the douchetarded controversy surrounding the choice of inductees. It's not just because two of my favorite ever bands made it in, either (get well soon, Eddie!) No, I'm beside myself because I'm a total starfucker, and this year, one of my friends is being inducted.

Kevin "LaVon" (his middle name) Dukes is, in addition to being a sweet, smart guy and an adorably great dad, a former member of Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five. (I probably shouldn't say that he's sweet...the dude's one of the founding fathers of hip hop. He's got an image to protect. But I can't help it. He really is just...well, sweet. Sorry Kev.)

When I asked him what he was going to wear tonight (because above all other things, that is what's important), he said, "I was thinking some silver suspenders and a tutu. Maybe rollerskates."

"In that case, you'll need silver hotpants, to match the suspenders," I replied. He agreed.

So when you're watching the ceremony on TV, now you know who to look for.

(Actually, he's the guy on the right in the photo. And no, he doesn't wear those pants anymore. Believe me, I asked.)

All told, though...how awesome is all of that, exactly?
I'm thinking pretty damned.

9 Comments:

Blogger evilganome said...

Your friends are way cooler than mine. Okay. Now excuse me while I crawl back into my pool of bitterness.

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My brother's first ever concert (which I took him to), was Van Halen. He got so wasted, he threw up on the boots of a big ole, hairy, tattooed, biker, while in line at the porta potties. Instead of kicking our asses, the guy just shrugged and offered us a hit off his opium pipe. To this day, I credit our good fortune to Van Halen.

9:45 AM  
Blogger dpaste said...

Mega-awesome.

10:47 AM  
Blogger lioux said...

Kevin "LaVon" (his middle name) Dukes sounds like total top 8, if not top 20 MySpace friend material.

And it must be so awesome to be a stylist to the stars!

2:55 PM  
Blogger Becky C. said...

Though it probably would not fit the personality, I think you might look cute in a pair of silver shorts with matching suspenders:)

By the way--we all know pussies have staying power:

Yours is still #9 on JenBurke's list.

~Becky

6:45 PM  
Blogger BigAssBelle said...

awwwwwww, what a sweetie pie!!

6:46 PM  
Blogger Da Nator said...

SO much cooler.

BUT if you know Slick Rick, you can be my BFF.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Freeze, rock, indeed.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Travis said...

I love your Helenism (or Kristenism..or whatever ALIAS you are using at the moment)

douchetarded.....that's gold baby!

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here