Thursday, December 07, 2006

Joyeux Noel

I love my job not for the benefits, which are great, or the paycheck, which is okay, or the work, which is totally fucktarded. No, I love it for the people . Considering how much I despise people in general, that's surprising, even to me. But these people...they're special.

The other day, Officemate Eric, Coworker Charley and yours truly were discussing the decscent of the Christmas season as we wandered across town (toward a bar, of course) after work.

Helen: Oh god, I hate Christmas music.

Eric: You hate everything.

Helen: Yeah, but I really, really hate Christmas music.
In fact, there are only two things I hate more: Mayonnaise, and...
And, uh...hmmm...

Charley: The French?

Helen: (Stunned, deeply impressed pause) Yes, that's right.
The French! Thank you, Charley.

Charley: No problem.

Somehow, the chorus of "Let it Snow" blaring from a storefront as we passed didn't bother me quite so much after that.

This job...it's a keeper.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mais non, Madame - vous detestez mayonnaise? Quelle surprise - les americains, sans culture, sans savoir vivre, toujour la meme chose. Vive la France, Vive La Fromage, Vive la Mayonnaise!

10:14 AM  
Blogger GayProf said...

No mayonnaise? That's just crazy talk.

Then again, I am partial to white, creamy substances.

11:29 AM  
Blogger dpaste said...

I'll give you mayonnaise, but life without phrases like "a chacon a son gout" is not worth living.

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sentiment, exactly, David.

Homo soit qui mal y pense.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, I know French after all! I say 'homo' all the time! Neato!

I must admit, their toast and fries are pretty good. And Audrey Tatou...nice.

Other than that, though, Charley's still right.

3:36 PM  
Blogger tomvancouver said...

Oh Helen, French Men are so hot. You must visit Montreal.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Qu'est-ce que c'est, 'chacon'?

I keep thinking 'pig', but that's 'cochon'.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Red Seven said...

Hmmm. For me, it's brussels sprouts, Engelbert Humperdinck, and Republicans. That has to top my list. Unless it was Engelbert singing "Let It Snow ...", I'd have been okay with it.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Dashiell said...

I'm with you. Christmas music blows.

Mayonnaise, however, is the goods. You just can't have a BLT without it.

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here