Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Adam & Steve heart NJ, maybe

Today, the issue of same-sex marriage will be decided in the New Jersey Supreme Court.

At this very moment, the photo below appears on the splash page for 1010WINS, one of the tri-state area's major news outlets, above a headline reading "'Til Death Do Us Part".

If that's not progress, I don't know what is. We got gay hotties makin' out right on the front goddamn page. Fuck you, red states! Woooooooooo!

Cross your fingers that the court does the right thing. It is Jersey, after all.

UPDATE, 4:16 PM EDT: Holy crap, it did! HOT!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hell yeah! I'm right there with you. I've got my fingers crossed!

11:08 AM  
Blogger Big Dan said...

As my cousin Liz (A married lesbian living in Mass with 2 children) put it to me last night:

"New Jersey can eat my ass..... and so can Massachusetts......"

"If my wife dies tomorrow, god forbid, I have to pay federal estate tax on my own house because we aren't recognized as married by the government."

"By law I'm entitled to my wifes health insurance through FedEx by the State of Massachusetts, but FedEx is based in Tennessee, so I don't get it."

"If my wife dies tomorrow, god forbid, I have to go to court for custody of my children if the adoption paperwork hasn't gone through yet (It has for one of them)... and we don't know what is holding it up....."

She brought up a good 10 laws and acts that completely screw her and her wife and kids. They're mostly federal laws but even though Mass allows gay marriage, its apparently just for show. So much for hoping to bring her good news last night...... I hope New Jersey figures it out, good luck.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

We have two things on the ballot this year in Colorado.

1. Constitutional amendment saying marriage is only between a man and a woman. [The Gays were out in force this summer educatin' and registering people to vote, so hopefully this gets kaboshed].

2. At the state level, GLBT spouses/partners, get full legal rights as of those of married straights.

At the city level, Denver already has this, but this will force backwater places like Gardner, provide full rights. Fingers crossed that this passes.

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here