Monday, July 31, 2006

Homeward bound

People have been asking me lately why it is that I don't go out anymore. Because I can't ever, ever be trusted to act like a sane, sensible person, that's why. Case in point:

Yesterday, I took my dear friend LJ down to the Lower East Side on a school night, where we allowed cute, cute Paul to pour booze down our gullets until we barely knew our names. You know you've lost your goddamned mind when tequila shots seem like a good idea. Hard as it may be to believe, this was actually the right thing to do. LJ, after all, was here from Denver just for the day, and he's going through some brutally crappy stuff, and we hadn't seen each other in a couple of years. It was wonderful to hang out with him again, and we had a great deal of fun, to the best of my recollection. (Did I mention that Paul is cute? He is. Really cute. ) All in all, it was a pretty awesome time.

Until 6 AM, that is, when I barfed in the shower.

It's after 2 PM now, and I'm still not at all sure that I'll get through the workday without doing it again. Barfing, that is, not acting like a lunatic.

There will be no more leaving the house.

9 Comments:

Blogger Big Daddy said...

Reminds me of the time we went to the Snakepit for Happy Hour.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Helen the Felon said...

Oh my god, I had forgotten about that. Now I'm definitely going to barf again before day's end.

Good times!

3:44 PM  
Blogger Big Dan said...

I need a meeting from just reading that! God damn cute boys and their liquor.

5:57 PM  
Blogger dpaste said...

You can have liquor delivered to your home. So there's no escape. get back out there!

6:25 PM  
Blogger Kasey B. said...

Damn, for all the debauchery I've faced, I haven't puked in the shower since I engaged in an ill advised Goldschlager consumption contest with a college football player in Texas and was probably puking in the shower about the time my childhood best friend was saying her vows at a wedding I was supposed to be at. I was 19. Since then, I've made it a point to only puke in toilets and trashcans.

Okay okay, and sometimes the side of the freeway. Hey I live in LA. The whole city is freeways. Shut up.

4:04 AM  
Blogger Todd HellsKitchen said...

Hope that you're feeling better today!

Are you????

12:53 PM  
Blogger Snap said...

Multiple Puking? At least you can keep your girlish figure ---

5:40 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Hopefully, LJ was there to hold back your hair.

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't go out anymore either, for the same reason.

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here