Wednesday, June 28, 2006

What I am is what I am

Completely and totally over:

  • Baseless, insecurity-laden snobbery
  • People who don't walk on the right
  • Finger-pointing (both the literal and figurative types)
  • Ward Churchill
  • Being broke
  • Online dating
  • Rain
  • Gothamist
  • Smug, self-congratulatory, crappy, derivative indie rock(ers)
  • Bandwagon World Cup fanatics
  • Veterinary crises
  • Ted Nugent
  • Politics
  • Boredom
  • Missing my CO/CA/Kuwait posse
  • Flip flops on men

Theoretically over, but deeply enmeshed with:

  • Inaction
  • Corporate America
  • Weight obsessing
  • Singlehood
  • Sebastian Bach
  • Blogging
  • Cowardice
  • Insomnia
  • Complacency
  • Gawker

Still completely and totally okay with:

9 Comments:

Blogger Conor Karrel said...

I'm now convinced that Pink's song "Leave Me Alone (I'm Lonely)" should be your theme song.

I thought of you for some reason when I first heard it, and the part about so being over being single, but being so ok with living alone confirmed it completely.

And don't be over blogging! We love you too much for you to be over it.

3:24 PM  
Blogger jessica said...

this is great. i can agree with you on many fronts. specifically, i am also totally ok with booze, my therapist (i'm off the meds so no more shrink!), hbo & target. and i am SO OVER veterinary emergencies! hello, the next time my cat chooses to eat azaleas i am just gonna have to let her learn her lesson the *really* hard way.

3:28 PM  
Blogger GayProf said...

But what if I am a smug, self-congratulatory, crappy, derivative blogger? Do you still love me? Or is that baseless and insecure?

5:49 PM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

What up with Sebastian Bach? Because he's a tard on 'Supergroup'? [Not that I watch it, but have seen clips, like him almost falling off that speaker in Vegas].

7:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love your lists..I see alot of myself in them as many of your legions of readers probably do also..

Rock on Helen..your the vodka in my soda tonight :)

1:57 AM  
Blogger Limecrete said...

People who don't walk on the right.

I know! If people are going to be all xenophobic and anti-immigrant, the least they can do is be a true American and walk on the correct side of the sidewalk.

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I'm saying is that flip-flops on men are much MUCH better than the alternatives - Tevas and Birkenstocks are the ugliest things EVER invented.

Seriously, EVER.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Sudiegirl said...

I like ativan, but not when I'm driving.

Mel Brooks, however...I can deal with him whether I'm driving or not.

Sudiegirl

11:49 AM  
Blogger anne altman said...

clearly we're related.

love,
your doppelganger

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here