Wednesday, May 17, 2006

No Love Chump Sucker

The good news is, I work in an office cool and laid-back enough that one of the higher-ups is presently blasting the new Red Hot Chili Peppers album in his office, loud enough for everyone to hear.

The bad news is, the new Red Hot Chili Peppers album sucks ten tons of mummified donkey cock. Jesus christ, what HAPPENED to these guys? Freakey Styley, Uplift Mofo Party Plan...perverted, funkified genius. Mother's Milk, Blood Sugar Sex Magik...two of the best records of the 90's. I can even stand OHM and Californication. But this...this sounds like the music they play over the loudspeaker at JC Penney's. Total soccer mom rock. I'll be surprised if Anthony Kiedis isn't tapped to fill Star Jones' spot on The View.

Yet another sign of the Apocalypse, kiddies. Mark my words.

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Jesus christ in a thong..THATS a visual..Anthony sitting w/those women on a daily basis..

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh good. I thought I was the only one that didn't like the new album. Well... actually, I've only heard the new single. But it's so bad, why would I listen to the album?

I used to LOVE RHCP - they were so badass and DIFFERENT. Now... ugh.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Da Nator said...

I always thought they were overrated. <-ducks->-.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

They lost me after Blood. Sugar. Sex Magic. Californication was the begging of them sucking arse for me.

I have stopped listening to Virgin Radio UK because the play the new single every hour. Ick.

3:49 PM  
Blogger BD said...

Mimimal talent, we knew it wouldn't be long before a commercial pile appeared (By The Way) and commercial piles are always followed by brown stains...

4:10 PM  
Blogger Big Dan said...

What they need is to get back on the H-train. Or maybe it's time to get rid of Rick Rubin; I'm pretty sure Rick Rubin killed Johnny Cash.

5:37 PM  
Blogger missbhavens said...

Uplift MoFo was my very favorite...I was ok with BSSM.

But that's where I draw the line.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks their latest is dooky.

7:26 PM  
Blogger P/O said...

aw, sad. but it will always be fun to squeal "under the bridge downtown, is where i DREW SOME BLOOD!!!!!" at the top of one's lungs while traveling at high speeds in crappy vehicles. no one can take that away from us. no one.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Dharma said...

Jeez do you crack me up.

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to mention the fact that "Dani California" is a blatant rip-off of Mary Jane's Last Dance.

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here