Friday, January 20, 2006

Shill it like you own it

I'm officially boring. The fact that I'm fine with that maybe oughta bother me, but somehow does not. It might bug you, though, were I to talk about things like the sweater and the cheese sandwich I bought today. So instead, here's some interesting stuff some other fuckers are doing. I encourage you to check it out, so you don't become boring too.

Tonight:
Beat the Devil and The Big Sleep play at Pianos, along with The Lot Six and The Jealous Girlfriends. Good odds that Mishka will puke on you, hit on your girlfriend, crack you one, or all three. Still worth it. BTD is like nothing you've ever heard in New York's murky, inbred music scene.

Tomorrow Night:
Drag Citizen, downtown's audacious and increasingly auspicious glam trio, finally get a crack at the Knitting Factory's main stage. Should be ridiculous, in the best possible sense of the word. The last few shows these guys have done have been fucking spectacular. This is about the only event that might motivate me to actually shower and leave my house this weekend. And sisters...Nick's been working out. Woof.

Hey, didja see my boy Poop on Gothamist today? Dammit, I knew I shoulda got him drunk and spanked him when I had the chance...sigh. That kid, he's gonna be somebody. Poop and his hetero lifemate Brian will be appearing at next week's WYSIWYG Film Festival. You shouldn't oughta miss it.

Okay, I'm off to clean my fingernails and abuse prescription medication. In that order. Could be dangerous, if I took meds first and then...oh jesus, I'm boring.

4 Comments:

Blogger missbhavens said...

I'm so bummed about having to work the night of the film festival. Stupid damn job.

What kind of cheese was on that sandwich?

8:29 AM  
Blogger Aethlos said...

Wrong. u r not boring. i SO fucking love you. And i have EXCELLENT taste.

4:54 PM  
Blogger Tony Adams said...

You're not boring.
I don't know exactly what you are (other than attractive and smart), but you are not boring, so stop saying that.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Helen the Felon said...

Miss B: Yeah, that sucks. And it was provolone and pepperjack. (Please kill me.)

Boys: Thanks for the votes of confidence, but trust me...right now, I'm duller than NPR on Sundays. Thankfully, though, I'm pretty sure it's a temporary state. Winter just sucks the root.

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here