Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Pretty when I cry

Very sincere thanks to y'all for the kind words and thoughts for my poor kitty. Honestly, I was kinda overwhelmed by the comments and emails received from friends and blogospheric strangers alike. So yeah, thank you.

Unfortunately, the news the doctor had for me yesterday was not so good. Cancer, and a bunch more of it than she thought. She's doing everything she can, and we'll deal with whatever happens as it comes. At this point, though, the options are fairly limited.

Like I said before...there are far worse things going on in the world. Tsunamis, hurricanes, all kinds of crazy, horrible shit. People have their hearts broken every day of the year, in ways that I can't possibly fathom. I'm incredibly lucky for what time I've had with Storm so far, and every minute we have left.

That said...I'm a tad bit of a wreck. Thank god my mother is a veritable pharmaceutical goldmine and doesn't mind sharing.

You'll be pleased to know that I won't be going on about this. You don't visit the Ninth Circle to get a daily fill of depressing personal crises, any more than I write here for the purpose of doling them out.

Please tune back in tomorrow, so I can tell you where and when to meet me on Thursday to check out some rock and get mind-numbingly drunk.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you're going through.

My beloved kitty Murphy developed osteosarcoma, and had to have her rear left leg and part of her sacrum amputated. We won't know for about 5mo months if she's clean and destined to use the remaining lives of the original 9.

I'm resigned to the fact that she probably was bought a year or so from the amputation, but that in the end, this is going to kill her. She's been with me since 1998, and I love her dearly. She's the first animal I *truly* bonded with.

Whatever happens, I'm certain your kitty knows how you feel, and Stormy loves you in return. Hang in there.

~Lachlan

12:54 AM  
Blogger jessica said...

never feel guilty for mourning of feeling sad over your own problems. if its happening in your life, than its important to you. i am so sorry about stormy!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Teddy Pig said...

Oh damn, I love cats even if they tend to ignore me. Poor thing.

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here