Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Who needs street drugs?

Hoo-wah, not this 98-pound sack-o-crap right here, I tell you whut.

After a close encounter with an as-yet unidentified insect left me looking like Amanda LePore's ugly midget sister, did I turn to the crackman across the hall to ease my pain? No sir-ree. I went over-the-counter style. That's right...Benadryl, baby. The Big B.

Unless you're from West Virginia and/or grew up next to a nuclear power plant, you know you're fuckered up when you're counting your fingers and you get to 13.

It's probably a good thing that my hangover-the-counter is so godawful today. Like I need another vice.

That said, I have some extras if anyone's hard up for a cheap buzz.

Update, 4:51 PM, and yes, this actually happened:
A kind co-worker, observing my bleary state, asked, "What medication did you take yesterday?"

"Six," I answered.

I'm going home now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, the answer was obviously "yes" or "six" and I'm glad that you choose the latter.

5:58 PM  
Blogger alwaysanna said...

Benadryl is SO crazy. I once took two pills in the afternoon, and had one beer - ONE - that night. I got so freakin' loopy that I was seeing triple.

CRAZY!

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here