Thursday, October 13, 2005

Today's Specials

Believe it or not, there's some stuff I don't hate.

To prove it, here's my "Best Of" list (best of, like today, anyway):

Best New Book
Life's Little Annoyances
Right up my alley, baby.

Best New Blog
Bomb of the Day
I love Kasey, and not just because she's more trouble than I am. (She also has a great ass.)

Best Bar in the Fuckin' Universe
Duff's
Jimmy Duff is the nice man that drove Dave and me to another bar in his hearse. 'Nuff said.

Best New Band (new to me, anyway)
Jessie Diamond and the Thousand
I saw them at Trash Bar a couple of weeks ago, and was ready to dismiss this blonde slip of a girl, with her mullet and her flapper dress, as yet another Karen O wannabe. But damn, she can sing. And damn, they write good songs. Least shitty band I've seen at Trash since the last time Drag Citizen played there.

Best Biographical Movie, Maybe Ever
Capote
I loved Philip Seymour Hoffman before I saw this film. Now I'm pretty sure he's taken Edward Norton's place as the Actor of My Generation. If he doesn't win the Best Actor award, god as my witness I'll never attend a gay Oscar party again.

Best Rapper Name, Ever EVER
That would be Ludakrishna.
This one also gets Honorable Mention for Best Rap Video Ever. If it weren't for Outkast, these guys would be the big winners.

There you go. Back to the impotent vitriol tomorrow.

5 Comments:

Blogger Helen the Felon said...

Michael, thank you. From a writer like you, that is a tremendous compliment. XO!

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Helen,
Thank you so much for putting Jessie Diamond and The Thousand in your column. I feel all giddy inside.
:)
Dirty Vlay of JDAT

4:32 PM  
Blogger Helen the Felon said...

Hey Dirty...my pleasure. Thanks for a great show, seriously. I have every intention of pimping y'all out going forward.

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi grrrl,
I love this site!
And pimp away babe!
ps-"My Psycho Song" on our site sounds bitchin' :) feel free to steal it. :) (right click and save)
luv
Dirty

3:36 AM  
Blogger Kasey B. said...

It's true, I do have a great ass! One of these days, my sweet Felon, you can grab it and compare it to the quality of your own. And thanks for pimpin' my blog. Shucks.

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here