Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Big Pimpin'

Whew...if I weren't already feeling much better today, the 60 or so cups of coffee I've ingested so far would have fixed me right up. Since I'm now nearly as incapable of coherent thought today as I was yesterday, I'll just give you a rundown of some shows you oughta be attending in the next few days...

  • Tonight, NYC peeps can catch Drag Citizen at the Delancey (see DC's site for details...I can barely type here, fingers shaking, not pretty...) They're on tomorrow night at Snitch, too. A double dose of hot glam action. Woooo!

  • Denver kids are in luck tonight as well...Mishka Shubastard...er, I mean Shubaly's new band, Beat the Devil, is playing the Larimer Lounge. This Brooklyn act is quite the departure from Mishka's Johnny-Cash-cum-Tom-Waites style of depressive guitar-fueled crooning. I'm a fan of both the old and the new. Highly recommended. They're also playing tomorrow night at Hi Dive (formerly Seven South), for those of you who still refuse to do my immediate bidding by attending this evening.

  • If you don't already love the Giraffes, your opportunity to understand why I do is right here. Make sure you watch the video, rather than just reading the crappy blurb. (And yes, Damien is like that all.the.time.) Come see them (and me!) this Saturday, 10/22, at Rothko. They should have some wonderful (read: gross and disturbing) stories to share from their recent tour.

And now, I'm off to the Ranger game with awesome Coco. I'm hoping the obligatory hockey nachos will soak up some of this caffeine before I have a full-blown seizure. You may want to watch the news, in case they don't. Werd.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Love Jessie Diamond!
Maybe she'll get drunk and make out with me..... One can only hope.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Helen the Felon said...

Cutiegrrl (IF THAT IS YOUR REAL NAME), I have two things to say about that:

1. You may have to wait in line for the chance to make out with that gorgeous little vixen, and

2. Remind me to bring a camera.

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dirty here,
if you go to the show, i will give you $10.00 so you can see eugene mirman, I promise. ps- drink tickets galore at pianos.!

ps - Fubha (word verification)

pps- check out the listed website.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Helen the Felon said...

Dirty, are you trying to make me fall in love with you?

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Helen,

Why... yes... yes I am. :)

Dirty.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Helen the Felon said...

Dirty, you keep talkin', and that's 'zactly what's gonna happen.

And Michael...you can come home anytime, but I don't know why you'd want to leave Brazil.

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here