Monday, September 19, 2005

Weekend Update

Giraffes: dirty, sweaty, awesome. (fifth photo down...Aaron serenades Coco.) Rosenthal was wearing tighter pants than usual. Very interesting. Damien let me touch his boobies, that was nice. Ran into some old friends, and broke in a new one. All the makings of an outstanding time.

Jon Spencer: good show, but I agree with stereogum...they showed me nothing new.

Drag Citizen: their most solid, cohesive performance as a three piece to date. The new songs are catchy & impressive enough that I didn't even miss the old ones. Too bad the Continental's owner, Trigger, is SUCH.A.DOUCHEBAG. That's all I have to say about that.

Somehow after that show, I ended up riding through the East Village in a shopping cart. With my legs hanging out. In a skirt. Thankfully I was wearing underwear, though it was somewhat minimal. Whupps.

Narrowly avoided a street brawl after a late dinner, when some asshole threw a deliberate and unprovoked elbow at Maya, and I went after him. I may be small and generally non-violent, people, but I have a zero tolerance policy for that sort of stupidity. That pretty well ruined my mood for the rest of the weekend. Let's hope this evening's Yankee game, which I'll be viewing from the comfort of my company's catered luxury box, lightens my spirits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here