Thursday, September 01, 2005

Revenge: Sweet?

Okay...new job + all kindsa errandy-type crap I've been putting off for too long = not much time for blogging right about now.

I do, however, have a question for y'all, which I hope you have the time and inclination to answer:

If you could do something...let's say, make one phone call...that would wreak some well-deserved havoc in the world of a rotten, sociopathic scumbag who had maliciously, intentionally, and severely wronged you in the recent past...would you do it?

How do you feel about unadulterated vengeance? Is believing in karma enough, or do you think there are times when the universe needs a little assistance in balancing things out? Had any interesting revenge-related experiences? Unanticipated consequences, maybe, or stunning successes resulting from vindictive behavior? Inquiring snarky little bitches want to know.

Clearly, I'm facing a fairly intense ethical/personal dilemma here, which of course I'll spill about soon. In the meantime, comment, email me, whatevah.

(And yes, people, I know that there are far more important things going on in the world, and I encourage you to help if you can. But we've all got our individual little corners of the existence, and this here's mine. Dig?)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurricanes, despite their overwhelming destruction and sadness, happen semi-regularly.
Awesome opportunities for revenge, however, do not.
(my completely insensitive, fucked up comment of the day)(I'll donate to Red Cross now that I've said that)

Anyway, if this nugget of info is once in a lifetime great, I say use it. Karma understands that some things are too good to be passed by. If it's semi-good or anything below that keep it to yourself and see what karma can do on it's own.
You sould e-mail me with details...I'm intrigued.

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuck em' with sand.....

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i sought revenge on a lover exactly 1 year to the date that he hurt me, and i did it in the exact same way that he did me wrong. nothing great came out of it. actually wound up feeling like and immature piece of shit, but so did he..
you run the risk of conjuring up negative feelings from the past and ultimately, it will shed light on your own issues that still exist with this person, and others..sometimes we need to act out in order to sort something out within ourselves.
but the truth is the actions of thoughtless hurtful people will eventually catch up with them and knowing that can give you power, why entangle yourself in a negative situation..?

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

With Helen’s permission I will retell this tale of revenge that includes booze, vomit, nudity and excrement. How could it go wrong? I heard it in the summer of 1991 in Buffalo, while sitting on a rooftop drinking with friends. I immediately retold it to a guy who passed it on in the mess hall of an Army Reserve post. It got the entire hall laughing pretty hard. I am thinking it should belong in the pantheon of classic gross urban legend. Let me know if you agree.

One weekend night a college party, this guy got pretty drunk. He went back to his dorm room with this girl he had just met. While they were making out, he threw up all over her and the bed. She calmly took him into the shower where she washed them both off. She changed his sheets and put him to bed where he passed out. Right before she left his room, she squatted over him and took a dump, leaving three small turds on his chest.

I know revenge supposed to be best served cold but warm turds are not so bad either.

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here