Friday, September 16, 2005

Crowding Manhattan with Jagoffs

Yes, it's CMJ time again here in Gotham City. Whoop-de-fucking-do-dah.

I wish I could get excited about it...but as much as I love music, I hate crowds of stupid people far, far more, so no dice.

In spite of that, there are still some shows worth seeing. If I can bum a Xanax off someone, hopefully I'll be calm enough to attend without bitch-slapping a hipster or "music journalist."

At midnight tonight, Nashville Pussy graces the lease-free stage of CBGB. If you haven't seen this band, it's worth braving what's sure to be a sick crowd. Karen Exley (of Hemi Cuda fame), one of my old Denver bizotches, is playing bass for them now...they were ridiculous and awesome before. I can't even imagine what they're like now.

Tomorrow night's my big "drink up and deal" CMJ night, though...

The Giraffes are on at 9 PM at Pussycat Lounge, followed by the godddamn Jon Spencer Blues Explosion. (It is very, very weird to watch your friends become real live rockstars, people. Awesome, but weird.) Guaranteed at this show are many boobs, mad rawk, and lotsa liquor. How and why would I turn that down?

Then the posse jumps a cab to the East Village, where glam stars Drag Citizen hit the stage at the Continental at 12 midnight. Word is that they've got some amazing new material, and that somehow drummer Danny Fever has managed to get even hotter. I have to go, just to see how that's humanly possible. That kid needs a serious whuppin'.

Pray for those who get in my way and/or on my nerves during the course of this venture. They're gonna need it.

If you're around Sunday, stop by this Katrina benefit. I'm sure we'll be there, indulging in mad gayness and a little hair of the dog. (This bitch will be there. That was enough to motivate me.)

Last and most important...today is Mohammed's berfday. We love Mohammed. Sweet.

I'm off...but I better see some of you hookers before Monday, that's all I'm sayin'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here