Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Do the right thing

If you have plans tonight, start making the calls to cancel them now. Either that or just drag Grandma along with you to CBGB for the second show of the Save CBGB concert series. Chances are she shagged a Ramone or two in CB's crapper at some point anyway, so I'm sure she won't mind.

Those of you who live elsewhere or listen to Hot 97 may not know that CBGB, the legendary Bowery shithole that launched the careers of said Ramones, Blondie, the New York Dolls, Television, and countless other rock and punk innovators, is in grave danger of losing its lease. A massive effort to raise enough money to keep the doors open is underway, and tonight, my friends Drag Citizen will be amongst the bands singing for CB's supper. Joining them are Joker Five Speed, the X's (featuring John "I make panties moist" Law of Banana Fish Zero fame), and several others I can't for the life of me name right now. All told, an excellent lineup for a worthy cause.

So show up, kick down some cash, and do your part to help prevent New York City from turning into a strip mall. I'll even let you buy me a drink. Yeah, bitchez.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's to wishing I could quit my job and go. And let's hope you lucky fuckers that DO get to go get the job done so I can show up there one of these days, sigh.

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here