Friday, July 15, 2005

Please leave a message after the beep

Aiiight campers...I'm taking a brief vacation from the Ninth Circle. No worries, I'm not pulling a Chapelle on y'all...just heading to Denvah so as to attend DFC's big event.

I'll leave you with a few recommendations for weekend activities...

Tonight, check out a scintillating Gotham Girls Roller Derby match in da Bronx. Dunno about you, but I like my bitchez fast and rough...send me pictures.

Speaking of fast bitchez...Lisa Jackson & Girl Friday have two shows this weekend...Friday at 10:30 they hit the Trocadero in Philly (Johnny: this means you!), returning to NYC Saturday night to work it at the Bowery Poetry Club. If you haven't seen Lisa...well, it's time. I only wish I looked that good in a vinyl skirt.

I'd recommend the Siren Festival, but the very idea of being squished into a massive crowd of drunken, smelly hipster trash out in the hot sun all day makes me wanna stab myself in the neck with something rusty. But by all means, if that's your thing, be sure to check out Morningwood and (of course) Spoon.

And hey, because I'm looking out for you...don't let flatulence ruin your weekend! Pick up a few bottles of this on your way out. Your friends and fellow drunk people will thank you.

Be sure to wish David O a happy-ass 29th birthday today, too. Especially if you don't know him...that'll totally freak him out. Heh. (Love you Princess!)

Seeya when I seeya, monkeys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here