Friday, July 29, 2005

Done & gone!

So after a few hours of training my frighteningly dense and inept replacement on Wednesday, I was informed that my services were no longer needed. Shock and amazement ensued when I realized that my "boss" no longer wanted me around. (Okay, not shocking, really, considering that we despise each other.) I'm officially a Woman of Leisure, at least through the end of today, when I'm being paid to not be at Google. It don't get no better than this.

During my year plus at the biggest little internet company on the planet, I had much fun, ate wonderful food in startling quantities, spent countless hours exchanging poop jokes on IM with Big Dan, and met some incredibly cool people with whom I'll inevitably maintain business and personal relationships. It gave me a chance to figure out what I wanted to be when I grow up without wasting too much gray matter in the process. A good time was had by all.

That said...I'm so happy to be out of there that I've been bouncing around like a junior high cheerleader for the last 48 hours. I've already got plenty of work lined up, and am pounding away at the doors of publishing houses and literary agencies all over the city. And, in other news, I've been asked to become a contributor to a well-known celebrity gossip blog that shall remain nameless for now...insert evil little laugh...publicity whore that I am, rest assured that I'll let you know when my brand of snark starts showing up someplace other than here.

I'm off to Philadelphia for a bit of low-brow hobnobbing with Princess Scully and her entourage of sexy men-folk. I'll leave you with this...one more reason to Just Say No, people...Just Say No.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our marathon poop talk will be missed. Now since it's your last day getting paid to talk to me about poop for a little while, I ALMOST did a ringer this morning. I had the distance easily, but I just didn't get the right curve. I wish I could control angles in the bowl. If it wasn't such a huge plain old pile or shit with a big curve at the top it would have made my day and probably yours too.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Helen the Felon said...

Awwww, Dan...you're gonna make me cry...and for so many reasons...

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah that was an abrupt departure and there's another abrupt departure....UGH!!!! hate the fact y'all r gone!!! BOOOOOO

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here