Friday, June 10, 2005

What to do, what to do...

So much going on this weekend...I'm overwhelmed with the options & will probably end up in a fetal position with my thumb in my mouth. I've pared it down to my top recommendations with the hopes that you'll fare a bit better. Here goes...

Tonight:
Lisa Jackson and Girl Friday at Arlene's Crappy Grocery (LES), 10 PM, $7

I love this band. Hate the venue, but whatever. Lisa's parties inevitably rawk.
Be sure to congratulate drummer Fred on his recent nuptials.

Saturday:
The Sweet Action party at The Tainted Lady (Williamsburg), 7 PM, $10 donation suggested (which will get you a free copy of SA #3, a Sixpoint Sweet Action Beer, and a raffle ticket for fabulous prizes.)

My understanding is that there will be gratuitous nudity and madness at this event. I care for both a great deal.

Sunday:
Temptress Boat Cruise with THE GIRAFFES! and Local H, departing from 41st Street and West Side Highway, 7:30 PM, $20 advance/$25 day of show.

It's the Giraffes on a booze cruise. Duh.
No barfing allowed. (Damien excepted, of course.)

Additional notes:
*My guess is that the symbol on the cover of the new Coldplay album actually means "most overrated, overhyped, talentless douchebag band of all time."

*Deepest thanks to Tyler K., who made my day with this. The Star Wars Kid finally has some competition...it's about time. Vote for Pedro!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA! There has been so much talk about that Coldplay symbol that I have actually avoided looking at it. I think I like that quote the best, I NEVER want to actually see it. I once painted an album cover with a used tampon, well it was a roll of wadded up paper towels this broad used and everyone really liked it until i explained why the "paint" got darker by the day. I don't get it, they let that old man paint a picture in 3 minutes with toilet paper. Apparently he didn't use shit to paint, it just looked that way. Whatever, I suck at art.

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here