Monday, June 13, 2005

I Wonder Monday #2

Since I didn't attend any of the weekend's events that I suggested on Friday and have little to report (other than the fact that The Motorcycle Diaries is effing amazing), I'll just get right to it.
  • I wonder how much money I have to spend at American Apparel before I get like, a free car or something. (It's officially outta control. There are more of these in my drawer than there are glasses in my dish cabinet.)
  • I wonder how many people would be so deeply interested in whatever may have happened to Natalee Holloway if she was less...Aryan.
  • I wonder if I'll always find this type of stuff funny. I hope so. [via Gawker]
  • I wonder if I'll ever get up the nerve to take my hot neighbor up on his invitation to stop over for beers. (Not likely. Know thyself, and all that. Sigh...)
  • I wonder what ever happened to my friend Willy, the Kiwi bartender from Luxx. Haven't seen him in forever. Willy got me my first paid gig in NY, bartending at a photography exhibit at the Gershwin during which I served about 40 rum & Cokes to the Naked Cowboy. Good times, good times.

Sad as it is, that's pretty much it. Not much brain activity today. Those who know me are profoundly unsurprised.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, if you were the mother of a pretty teenager who chooses to be blonde-and maybe one day, you will be- it would strike you as scary , how every now and then, one goes missing, and often it's abroad, on a gap year, or holiday. It would give you a shiver because you'd think how much these girls look like your own child. The word Aryan might not be the first thing you'd apply . Maybe its the press and media who are the bad guys.

5:54 AM  
Blogger Helen the Felon said...

That's exactly my point. I did not imply that Natalee Holloway's disappearance is not tragic or important. It is not, however, any more tragic or important than the disappearances of all the other kids who who don't look like her or come from good families or what have you. The public cares mostly about what the media tells them to care about...that, if you ask me, is a much greater tragedy.

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Years ago your father served with Mandrew's father in the Communist Wars. We at the Mandrew collective are working on a song of our own for the new wars. We have this much:

"because saddam stole my turkey
oh that dirty haji stole my turkey
because saddam stole my turkey
he took the refrigerator too."

We need help. One third of Mandrew is opposed to the refrigerator line. Please send us lyrics and let us get the whole blogosphere to craft a song that will do more for popular culture than the new Harry Potter book.

Mandrew is
Forrest at www.mindlessblather.net
Wally at www.fortheboredones.blogspot.com
and
Soviet at
www.sovietinamerica.blogspot.com

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here