Thursday, June 09, 2005

Happy Anniversary to Me

Yep. Three years ago today, I dropped off the turnip truck and landed, rather painfully, in Bushwick, Brooklyn. There have been many moments since then when I've wondered what the hell I was thinking, picking up and leaving a perfectly good life in Denver to come fend for myself in this steaming, crazy, gorgeous mess of a city. But all in all, some truly amazing people (we're talking un-fucking-believable, stellar human beings) and events have made it well worthwhile.

Who knows how long I'll stay, or where I'll go next...but whatever happens, no place compares to this one. The time spent here will almost certainly earn a book of its own. Or at least a long-winded, profanity-laden, often pointless blog that a few bored/brave individuals are kind enough to read.

So yeah...I heart NY, go Yankees, etc. and so forth.

(Yo Bloomberg...there you go, I did my bit. My check best be in the mail, bitch.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, 3 years!
3 years since you left me in D-town to fend for myself in this falling-apart-hand-me-down apartment with lunatics all around me. 3 years since I had to kick you out of this apartment and send you on your way despite how much i wanted to lock you away and keep you here. 3 years since i had to sweep up all that damn cat litter in the basement and bedroom. 3 years and I'm so proud of you for getting all Mary Tyler Moore up in that big city. Throw your hat in defiance bitch. Because i knew you would make it after all.

5:43 PM  
Blogger Vaughn said...

Well, sweetheart....happy anniversary to us! I also moved in June three years ago! Who knew ;-)

My friend says if you make it to year three and you still like NYC you're a New Yorker for life. Year 1=Honeymoon, Year 2=Depression, so if you make it past your first big NY depression, you can make it past anything.

Welcome to the other side! This is a great place to be!

11:10 PM  
Blogger Gordy said...

The most wonderful city in the world, and only top of the places I would most want to live, at least for a few years.

Although just arrived in Illinois, so I suppose I best try Chicagoland for a few years first.

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here