Monday, December 27, 2004

I'm down with OCC...yeah, you know me

So I thought that since I'm one of about 5 people in the office today, I'd have time to bang out the (by now passe) Dublin skinny...but alas, no dice. I have, like, actual WORK to do. Piss.

For now, just a couple of editor's remarks about the happenings of the last few days...

One...I had forgotten how much I love these guys. Great bikes, scads of unintentional comedy, and a dad that's WAY more of a pain in the ass than mine. It don't get no better. Whoever it was at the Discovery Channel that decided to air the Xmas day marathon is now in possession of my undying love. As much as I adore Big Paul and the boys, though, I'm gonna have to pass on their fragrance line. (W...T...F???) Good thing it's for men, anyway. Hey wait...maybe my dad would like it! I mean, he wore Stetson for years! And his birthday's coming up...hmmm...

Two...Forgot to mention that the cooler-than-cool ISO team at work invited me along to see Dave Gorman's Googlewhack Adventure. I think I've made it quite clear that people with more issues than me are, in my book, wonderful entertainment (when they present themselves as entertainers, that is. okay, sometimes even when they don't.) That said...this dude is aces. And in bad need of quaaludes. Whao.

Three...ah, exes and their lonely, pathetic, inevitable Xmas calls. Gotta love 'em...or not. Good thing I had fully anticipated mine. I'm pleased to say that not only did I have no desire to return the call, but that it served to reaffirm that my decision to run for the hills was the best one I could have made. I sent a short, polite email to which I received a sorry, desperate attempt to manipulate my emotions in that old familiar way...sorry honey, no worky. See, about a month or so ago, I discovered this magic elixir that cures at least some of life's unnecessary sorrows. It's called SELF WORTH. I don't think it's available at Whole Foods, but I assure you that it's delightfully affordable and well worth the investment. So, um, yeah...not.

At the risk of speaking too soon...this may have been the least depressing holiday season I've had since I was six or something. Sweet!

And I promise and swear to Elvis Costello that I'll post the dirt on Dublin during the course of the upcoming week/weekend. No, really.

Oh, ps...I did in fact go in search of Marine #1 last Wednesday after work, but alas, him and his big truck full o'toys were already gone. Damn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here