Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Back on the block

No, I don't really want to talk much about the trip to Colorado, but thank you (sincerely) for asking. It went "as well as could be expected" (bleh), and I was fortunate for the opportunity to be with my friends and say a proper goodbye to an outstanding man.

My birthday was fairly swell...got to see both Amy and my darling Doug, which was great. Had Sour Patch Kids for breakfast and was The Great Cornholio for hours afterward, also pretty great. And then, to cap it off, Scully had some awesome b-day loot for me (books, a designer toothbrush, a Gauguin coloring book, and a punch-out model book of an African village) when she picked me up for the airport. Thank god for my well-honed sense of irony, or else our Mexican dinner at the strip mall in Longmont would have been horribly depressing. The chile rellenos were fattening and delicious.

So I flew home, landed in the wee hours of the AM yesterday, slept a bit, came to work, and then went out with my team for an amazing dinner (thanks LG!) The whup-ed-ness is finally setting in...when it wears off some, I'll dole out the goods on Dublin. Promise.

In the meantime, I encourage you to go to town on that Cornholio website. Not that you really require my encouragement for such things, of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here